How to register to vote in Zimbabwe…
Elections in Zimbabwe are governed by Electoral Act Chapter 2:13
All Zimbabwean citizens that are 18 years and above may register to vote.
– Personal Identification documents including a National Identification Card (Metal, Plastic or waiting pass with a picture) or a valid Zimbabwean Passport.
– Prospective voters are also to produce proof of residence in the form of;
• Title deeds or a certificate of occupation.
• A lodger’s permit issued by the relevant local authority.
• Rates, water, electricity, telephone or credit store statement on which is shown your name and physical address.
• A statement from your landlord, parent or friend confirming that you reside at the stated place of residence accompanied by any of the documents in A, B Or C in the name of landlord, parent, friend or such other person at whose residence you reside.
• A statement that confirms that you are residing at the stated place of residence made by the head of a school, hospital or other public institutions where you reside.
• A statement confirming that you reside at the stated place of residence made by or on behalf of the person in whose name a mining location is registered in the area where you reside.
• A statement by your employer confirming your address.
• A confirmation letter by the relevant councillor, village head, headman or Chief confirming that you reside in the ward you claim to reside.
• A confirmation letter by farm owner or resettlement officer confirming that you reside in the ward you claim to reside in.
• An offer proving that you are in lawful occupation of the land to which the offer letter relates.
• A hospital bill or clinic, hospital card or an envelope with post office markings reflecting your address.
• If you are unable to produce any of the above documents as proof of residence you can submit a residence AFFIDAVIT stating your place of residence.
Where to register to Vote?
You can register to vote at any ZEC Provincial and District office.
When can you register to vote?
Voter registration is continuous throughout the 5 year Electoral period unless Zimbabwe Electoral Commission closes the Voter’s Roll and states otherwise.